Unable to hire a professional chef and a financial planner? This must not act as a hindrance for you in conducting a wedding ceremony of your dreams.
All you need is some sound piece of advice so that you know what are the most important things to plan for a wedding. From the food, the expenses and the entertainment to a million other details, there is so much to do!
Well, read on for the 7 important things to plan for a wedding beforehand. This will take away all your stress with regard to your wedding so that you end up enjoying one unforgettable party!
7 important things to plan for a Wedding
You know what, Mother Nature does become nasty at times. The weather is one of the most important things to plan for a Wedding if you’re looking forward to an outdoor wedding ceremony.
If you do not have a backup plan, this could absolutely ruin your wedding and inconvenience all of your guests who are attending. You must be well-prepared to tackle even the worst on a significant occasion like this.
2. Makeup artist
Leading up to your wedding, you definitely need to find a top makeup artist to do your makeup, which will enhance your beauty.
This is very important as you would want to hide any imperfections. You absolutely need to make sure you’re spotlight-ready on the Big Day!
3. Wedding Venue
For a perfect wedding celebration, you definitely need a perfect wedding venue!
Some points you should keep in mind while selecting your wedding venue:
- Booking a venue for your wedding can be extremely expensive. If you know anyone with a large backyard, you can save a hell lot of money on your wedding. The only real cost would be to hire someone to clean beforehand and afterward.
- Find out before your wedding ceremony when and where you are permitted to take photographs. Some venues won’t permit flash photography at all, while some officiants don’t want anyone taking photos while they are conducting the ceremony. If you find out the rules ahead of time, you can plan out the shots you are allowed to take.
- If you want an outdoor reception, make sure everybody can hear properly. Perhaps you might need some equipment set up if you cannot find a quiet location. Consider the sound of the wind, or the waves if you are going to get married by the sea or simply the sound of traffic if the venue is in the heart of a city.
4. Take good care of the guests
Guests have to be your top priority when it comes to planning a wedding. Keep them happy and you create memories of your Wedding Day that would last a lifetime.
Some points to take care of:
- No one wants to wait a long time for your wedding to start, so make sure that everyone knows the right timing. This way, you be certain that everything runs smoothly. Hand out itineraries to the most important party members and ask them to try their best to keep things moving along quickly and efficiently.
- Pick bridesmaids that can be buddies for the children in the ceremony. Give them a care package with healthy treats, water, books, paper, and crayons. All this can be used as a distraction when traveling between venues, or while waiting for pictures to be taken. Doing this will keep the children occupied, while still having them accessible.
Also, make sure you don’t miss out on Wedding Guest Books. Those cute little messages left by your guests go a long way in preserving the happy memories of your Wedding Day!
5. Financial Planning Advice for the Perfect Wedding Ceremony
Another one of the most important things to plan for a Wedding.
What’s the point in conducting a merry wedding ceremony, but landing into financial shortage right out of the joyous event?! Make it a point to follow these suggestions:
- When borrowing money to pay for your wedding, make sure you get the lowest interest rate possible. Weddings can be expensive, but by borrowing money to pay for the event at the lowest interest rate around, you can avoid further expenses. Make it a point to compare credit cards and personal loans to see which financial product offers you the best rate.
- You may skimp on your budget for many areas of your wedding to get to the right price, however, do not make this mistake in your photography or video choices. Preserving these memories would be one of the most important aspects of your wedding; next to the ceremony itself. Do not be afraid to spend the appropriate amount to get the best as per your requirements.
- Plan your own table decorations and centerpieces to save some money. Consider creating these items in filled hurricane jars and use handmade paper or felt flowers, strings of simple white lights, inexpensive tea lights, or ingredients from nature like twigs, branches, leaves, and wildflowers.
Watch out for some tricky wedding budget planning pitfalls to avoid, along with a detailed budget breakdown on 3 broad levels here: 5 Wedding Budget Planning Pitfalls to avoid
6. Wedding Favors and Wedding Gift Registry
- If you are going to have a destination wedding, give your guests a basket filled with exotic goodies. Include maps, cameras, hats, disposable cameras, or guides on local attractions that they may want to visit. Additionally, you may want to include a local restaurant guide so that your guests know where to eat.
- Fun wedding favors are a great way to keep kids entertained at your reception. You can head over to Amazon and pick up a basket full of goodies to set at the tables which can keep the kids busy while their parents have a great time at the party.
- Adding items to your wedding gift registry can be very overwhelming, especially if you register at a large department store. Do not be afraid to make multiple appointments, rather than trying to build your entire registry in a single day. This approach keeps the process stress-free. Consider building your registry by household area. On one trip, choose kitchen items, then bathroom goods, then items for the bedroom and so on.
For some excellent wedding favors recommendations, click here
7. Chill out!
Last but not the least, don’t go overboard! This is probably the single most important piece of advice that you need for a joyous wedding ceremony.
You just need to take a step back and remember what the wedding is all about. Too much activity and too many expenses can leave you stressed and broke, so try to restrain yourself.
Plan realistically and within your budget. This way, you’ll be able to keep yourself calm and at the same time, avoid burning a hole in your pocket.
The suggestions outlined above would surely make the process much simpler for you. As hectic and involving as your wedding will be, remember it is also supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life!
It’s simple: Stress out less over your Wedding Planning, and you end up experiencing an unforgettable and perfect wedding ceremony. All you need to do is keep all the important points in your mind and start planning your Wedding at least 6 months before.
For this purpose, you might find this 6-month wedding planning timeline and checklist quite useful.
Tell us what you think about our take on the most important things to plan for a Wedding. Also, do add your own inputs in the comments, we’re always keen to hear you out!