If you are considering some of the most reasonable options for your wedding band ring, you just can’t miss the Tungsten rings!
The Black Tungsten Rings that we see are actually made with a black plate that is put over the natural gray Tungsten. Tungsten is actually a chemical element, also popularly known as Wolfram. Some of its unique properties like the highest melting point, highest tensile strength, extreme durability and marginal rarity make it a favorite metal for most wedding rings.
But the Tungsten wedding bands are not made out of pure Tungsten since it is extremely difficult to work with pure Tungsten. The one used in jewelry and in other industrial applications is Tungsten Carbide instead. But the good part is that Tungsten Carbide rings retain several characteristics of the original Tungsten metal, like high melting point and high tensile strength. It is for this reason that the rings are scratch resistant and highly durable; their color is light gray that can be further darkened with a brush finishing process.
Tungsten wedding bands are a little heavier than the ones in 14K gold. There is a common myth that it’s difficult to remove a Tungsten ring during an emergency & yes it is indeed a myth! They can be easily removed using the tools for jewelry removal.This article has everything you should know before you venture out to buy a Tungsten wedding ring.
Different Styles of Black Tungsten Rings
The popular styles in men’s Tungsten rings are:
- Comfort fit rings
- Flat bands
- Rings with brushed layers
- Channel set diamond tungsten rings
The popular styles in women’s Tungsten rings are:
- Thin contemporary bands
- Channel set diamond rings
- Tension set tungsten rings
For Tungsten tension set rings, one can use sapphires, diamonds, rubies or Moissanite for setting. Another important thing to consider is all the gemstones should have a rating of at least 9.0 on the Moh’s hardness scale to be able to hold up a tension setting without getting shattered or cracked during the process.
Maintenance tips for Tungsten Wedding Bands
The Tungsten rings do not require any special cleaning, neither they are high on maintenance. To clean them, you can easily make a cleaning solution at home by mixing warm water with a few drops of any mild soap. Avoid using any ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean your Tungsten rings. Neither do you need to buy a special cleaner for your Tungsten rings from the market.
Avoid impact of any hard substance on your ring to prevent scratches and keep Tungsten rings away from any kind of harsh chemicals. It is highly recommended to store Tungsten rings separately, away from other jewelry items. When not in use, keep your ring in the special ring box in which it arrived & keep the box safely, away from moisture.
Tips to buy the right Tungsten Ring
Remember the following tips when you go out to buy Black Tungsten Rings. These will help you to buy the right ones that are a quality product and will also last longer:
- Look for the retailers who offer a lifetime warranty or guarantee on the ring. Having a fair return policy is also beneficial in case the size does not fit or there are other issues.
- It is advisable to avoid any kind of plates on the ring, including a black one.
- Make sure that your ring is made of jewelry grade Black Tungsten and also that it is completely free of Cobalt. There is no question of buying your rings from a retailer who cannot help you know what your ring is made of.
- It is extremely important to check your ring size correctly before you buy one because Black Tungsten rings cannot be resized at all and you will be stuck with a wrong size. It’s a good idea to visit your jeweler at least twice and two weeks apart and get your size checked before you actually buy the ring.
- It is very easy to buy cheap Black Tungsten rings, both for men and women. But since you get what you pay for, it is advisable to buy quality Black Tungsten rings that are available for over $50. If you are looking for something lower than this, then choosing a Titanium or a Stainless steel band is a better idea.
Top 3 Black Tungsten Rings with their reviews
King Will Basic Men Wedding Black Tungsten Ring
This classic design from King Will is elegance personified and can be the most fashionable choice for your wedding ceremony. The quality is unmatched and the performance, scratch resistant!
The surface of this ring has a brushed, black matte finish that adds to its elegance and makes it a perfect complement to any outfit that you might wear. The inside surface of the ring is polished and smooth and adds to the comfort with the beveled edges that are designed to provide comfort and avoid injury.
The width of the ring is 8mm, a perfect dimension, neither too thin nor too thick. It makes it ideal to be worn by both men and women.
It comes in a jewelry box from King Will that makes it look presentable and saves the trouble of a gift wrap, the box also helps to store the ring appropriately keeping it safer for longer. The ring looks and feels great between the fingers and is almost a steal at such reasonable prices.
- Thickness: 2.5mm
- Width: 8 mm
- Suitable for both men and women
- Scratch resistant performance
- Classic design and highly durable
- A little weighty and has a perfect 8 mm width
- Brushed matte surface for elegance and class and polished smooth surface on the inside for comfort
- Beveled edges to provide extra comfort and avoid injury
Rosenthal Collection 8 mm Black High Polish Tungsten Carbide Men’s Wedding Band
The ring is made of genuine Tungsten Carbide and is absolutely Cobalt free, the reason for its durability & heavy weight. The width of the band is 8 mm and has a 5 mm raised center; it is black, all high polish and has a matte finish. Since it’s scratch proof, it can be easily worn by individuals who are high on activity & always have the ring on.
It is also hypoallergenic which means the ring will not cause any kind of skin irritation or itching to the wearer, neither will it turn the finger green like several other rings or bands that are not genuine in quality.
Since it is very close to diamond in hardness, the ring can also be easily laser engraved (not hand engraved). It comes in a velvet ring box that keeps the ring safe for long; the inside of the ring is marked with the size & the logo of Rosenthal collection that is actually a mark of quality.
- Width: 8 mm
- Available in comfort fit
- Made in genuine Tungsten Carbide and is Cobalt free
- Scratch proof
- Matte finish
- Hypoallergenic, will not cause any kind of skin irritation
- Can be laser engraved easily
King Will Classic 8 mm Black Tungsten Carbide Wedding Band Ring
King Will is one of the most highly rated brands of wedding rings. It assures quality and comes with product warranty. This 8 mm black tungsten carbide wedding ring band is an all-time classic design & has great workmanship on it. The surface of the ring is black, brushed and has a matte finish that makes the ring look ultra elegant.
While the insides of the ring have a high polish and have a smooth surface for added comfort. Another thing that makes it more comfortable is its rounded comfort fit when pitched against the standard fit of the other rings available in the market or online.
The 8 mm width makes it neither too thin, nor too thick, thus, making it a perfect choice for both men & women. It’s scratch resistant feature makes it high on performance.
So it can be easily worn by people who are highly active and always keep their band ring on. The extra weight of the ring makes it durable. It comes in a special jewelry box from the brand itself which makes for an easy & convenient storage of the ring as well.
- Suitable for both men and women
- Scratch resistant
- Classic design, great workmanship
- Black, brushed surface in matte finish with an elegant look
- High polish and smooth inner surface for comfort
- A little weighty and highly durable
- Available in a rounded comfort fit
- Comes in a special jewelry box from King Will